Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Bucket List - Top Ten

   I recently had a discussion with a friend about making a "Bucket List". I think everyone has a bucket list stored somewhere, either in a journal or in their mind. It's great to have a list of things you would like to do, accomplish, go or see before you leave this earth.
   I like the idea of actually writing my list down on paper. Somewhere I can see it everyday as a reminder of what I want to do. If it's out of sight, it's virtually out of mind. The whole, "I'll do it later" concept can sneak up on you and before you know it, you are out of laters.
   I condensed my list to ten things and thought I'd share them with you. You can hold me accountable! So, here goes!


1. Write a book - This is top on my list because it's what I long to accomplish. Fingers crossed, good things are in the works!

2. Go to New York in the fall - What better time to visit such an amazing city! The colors would be fabulous!

3. Go to the Super Bowl - A football lover's dream! Maybe when it happens, the Dallas Cowboys would be there! Hey...one can hope!

4. Run a 5K - Marathons, half-marathons would be cool, but I just want to be able to run a 5K without stopping!

5. Meet Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman - I am a PW junkie and think it would be really cool to meet her in person!

6. Tour the Holy Land - I want to visit places such as Golgotha Hill, The Garden Tomb and Garden of Gethsemane are just a few places I'd want to see. To be in the very place where Jesus walked as a man would be completely overwhelming.

7. Learn to play the piano - I have a piano in my house. My mom can play by ear. I can play a mean rendition of chopsticks.

8. Go on a road trip without a plan - This really conflicts with my need to control everything, but I think it would be cool to pack, jump in the car and just see where the road takes you!

9. Complete a 365 project - A photo a day for a year! It's a big task, but I think it would be really fun to see how creative I could get.

10. A spa day - Spend an entire day at a spa getting pampered. No cell phone...no noise...just a day full of relaxation!

   Have you made your bucket list? If so, what's something on your list?



No comments:

Post a Comment