Wednesday, August 13, 2014

How you live

   I was walking into a meeting when my husband called and told me he heard the news of Robin Williams' death. I only knew Williams from his movies, but like most everyone else, I felt a sense of loss. Almost like a friend had passed. The tributes on social media have been touching. He brought a lot of happiness into the lives of millions of people. While he had earthly troubles that were not always public, his life story was full of achievements...three of his biggest achievements were the children he left behind.
   I began thinking about my life and what would be said about me when it's my time to leave this world. Would I be remembered as someone who was kind, generous, sincere and loyal? Would I leave without any unresolved issues in relationships and/or friendships? Would I leave with people knowing how I felt about them and how they felt about me? Would I leave knowing without a doubt I would enter the kingdom of heaven? Would I have truly "lived" and not just gone through the motions of each and every day?
   In my 41 years, I've made a ton of mistakes, but have done my best to learn from them. I've said things I've regretted and I've hurt people who loved me the most. I've struggled, I've cried and I've experienced times of sorrow. On the other side, I've also experienced success, laughed until I cried and experienced times of immense joy. The good has far outweighed the bad and being a work in progress, I look forward to the days I have left.
   It is my hope when I am gone, I will leave a mark on the lives of those who knew me. It is my hope to have left the world a better place. To not have just mindlessly wondered through the day to day, but to have lived. Lived fully and soaked in every little thing along the way; to have helped people along their way and to have left with those I love knowing how much I truly loved them. To stand before God and have him say, "Ging...you did good, girl. You did good."
   If you've never listened to "How You Live" by Point of Grace, take a few minutes to listen to it below. It is a great example of truly living. 
   "It's not what  you knew and it's not what you did, it's how you lived."

   God bless!


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment