Thursday, October 16, 2014

Age is just a number...


In a few short weeks, I will celebrate my 42nd birthday. I've never minded telling anyone my age, after all, it's just a number. I'm actually glad to have a number, because it means I've been granted one more day on this great earth of ours! This will be a big year for me. In May, my youngest will graduate from high school and I will become an "empty-nester." I'm saving that for another blog...cannot talk about it now without tears!
   So, back to me being 42. I have a couple of things planned for this upcoming year and hopefully I will be blogging about how those things came to fruition. Time shall tell! For now, I'm going to give you 42 random facts about myself.

  1. I was born in New Mexico, but consider myself a true Texan!
  2. I am terrified of mice, rats and snakes.
  3. I gave a boy a Christmas present in the first grade and he smashed it in front of all his friends. Why he didn't like a BeeGee's 8 track is beyond me!
  4. I have never watched or read "Gone With the Wind."
  5. I have never watched the movie "Mary Poppins."
  6. I doodle on everything and focus better if I'm doodling when someone is talking.
  7. I like the smell of dirt in a vacuum cleaner.
  8. I check the back seat numerous times when I'm driving alone at night.
  9. I had a huge crush on Bo from the Dukes of Hazzard.
10. Certain commercials can make me cry.
11. I was 1st runner up in a pageant and sang, "You Light Up My Life." My brothers laughed at me and I never did a pageant again.
12. My brothers coined the nickname "Tumbleweed" after I got a perm in fourth grade. It caught on with the kids at school.
13. I once voted for Ross Perot.
14. I got swats in the 7th grade for not writing 350 sentences because I was talking in Coach Rhodes class.
15. I've never been to another country.
16. I believed in Santa until I was in fifth grade.
17. I tried to convince some of my friends we should form a "Pink Ladies" group one day in the playground when I was in elementary.
18. I have a secret desire to be fit enough to run a marathon one day.
19. My feelings get hurt very easily.
20. I am a numbers freak...I have to check a door that's been locked 3 times....always.
21. When someone tells me their age, I add up the two numbers and keep adding until I get a one digit number and associate them with that number.
22. I do a drumroll on my desk before I write a new post on my blog.
23. I can remember in detail many experiences from elementary, but they fade after that.
24. I have always thought I should have been a teenager in the 50's.
25. I have a secret desire to dye my hair blonde just to see what it would look like.
26. I do not like Taco Bell.
27. I do not like having my picture taken.
28. Closed in places make me panic.
29. I never went to prom.
30. I am intimidated of a few different people in my community.
31. I was baptized when I was pregnant with my daughter and she is a very spiritual person.
32. I will never swim in a lake again. Thank you, Jaws.
33. I've never ate Chick-fil-a.
34. I am not a big fan of jewelry, shoes or purses.
35. I once blacked a boys eye for shooting me with a bb gun.
36. I cannot sleep in a pitch dark house. Night light, please!
37. I have never worn pajamas in public.
38. I am overly trusting of people, no matter how many times they destroy that trust.
39. I can drink coffee before I go to bed and sleep like a baby.
40. I met a US Congressman a few months ago and felt like I'd met a celebrity.
41. I once went to nursing school for a couple of months before I realized it wasn't for me.
42. If I could invite any 5 people (living or dead) to supper it would be Jimmy Fallon, Julia Roberts, Melissa McCarthy, George W. Bush and Jimmy Stewart.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment