Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Christmas Top 5

   I could have made a Christmas Top 100 list, but I thought I would stick with ten! Here are the top five things I love most about Christmas.

1. The meaning. A baby born in a stable who would become the light of the world. A baby who would one day give his life for a world full of sinners. The most amazing gift of all.
2. I could sit in my den and look at our Christmas tree for hours. There is something so peaceful about sitting in a room with nothing but the glowing lights of the Christmas tree.
3. I get to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and no matter how many times I've watched it, I cry every single time Harry Bailey gives the toast, "To my big brother George, the richest man in town." If you want a life lesson in humility, thankfulness and how important you are to someone...it's a must see!
4. Traditions. I am big on traditions and love the ones that come along with Christmas. Hanging lights, stockings, leaving cookies and milk for Santa and reading "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" to little kids. Although I haven't done that one in a while, the memory is embedded in my mind every single year.
5. Music. Oh, how music soothes the soul and Christmas music is one of my all time favorites. The traditional songs take me back to being a little girl. You will never forget the excitement during the Christmas season from when you were a kid. I like to think we are all kids at heart and still have that same excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment