To get an idea of what others might think about me, I began thinking about friends and family and how I would remember each one of them if they were not here. I'll have to admit, I teared up a bit when I realized how they have been such a huge part of my life.
Thinking of friends and family, some of the following thoughts crossed my mind:
- She is the most talented person I've ever known.
- He never fails to be there when someone needs him.
- She has the best sense of humor...she always makes me laugh!
- She is the kindest person I know.
- He is a success because he's worked so hard for it his whole life.
- She is a strong Christian woman who influences everyone she meets
- She had a great sense of humor and making people laugh.
- She loved kids.
- She loved her high school football team...a lot!
- She had a passion for life.
- She worked hard to be successful and make her dreams come true.
- She made a difference in someone's life.
If you start each morning with the thought, "How do you want to be remembered?" I think it will completely change how you interact with others. I think we will learn to let the small things go, not to overreact, to show kindness when we really want to be anything but kind and to be more conscious of our daily interactions with others. A seven word question.....pretty powerful!
Think about it....how do you want to be remembered?