Three days ago, my perspective on life changed. I really didn't understand why at first, but I now know it was meant to change on that day.
I began thinking about my purpose. Once you start thinking about that, you can have some really deep thoughts! I thought about things I've done in/with my life. I thought about the relationships that have come and gone, the kind words said, the not-so-kind words said, the happy things, the not-so-happy things and how no matter how much time I spend worrying, I will not add a single hour to my life.
So...I've decided to stop. Stop wasting time worrying when I know I'm not the one in control. Stop wasting time holding grudges...stop wasting time wishing for this or that...there's a whole long list!
I hope you all can find the importance of each day without it taking something tragic to show it to you. There are so many things we need to STOP doing so we can START living the life we are supposed to.
- STOP being so concerned with what others do. It's not our business where someone goes on vacation, what kind of car they drive, what kind of house they live in or what brand of clothes they wear. Unless they are personally asking you to pay for it, then STOP. One of the statements I'm blown away by the most is, "I wonder how they paid for that?" Guess what? It's not now, nor will it ever be your business. Does it really matter? Does it change your life? Why waste one minute thinking about it? It's a joy robber, people!
- STOP being mad about every...little...thing. The world is not out to get you. This one is a tough one because sometimes being mad just seems to be the first and most logical choice. If getting the wrong order at the drive-through is the absolute worse thing that happens to you in the course of a day...count your blessings. There are a lot of people who would happily trade their day for yours.
- STOP making fun of people. I know junior high kids who act more mature than some adults. Last time I looked in the mirror, I was no where near a Supermodel. What an amazing God we serve who made us all different! Wouldn't life be boring if we all looked, acted and talked alike? What's pretty to you may not be pretty to someone else. What's ugly to you might be beautiful to someone else. Perspective....
- STOP gossiping. STOP listening to gossip. (YES, I'm talking to me as well...GUILTY! If you say you've never gossiped or listened to gossip...well...STOP kidding yourself!) "Well, I heard...." should be removed from our vocabulary. Why are we so obsessed with being the first one to tell someone something that is "big" news when about 95% of the time (and I'm being very generous) it's not true. Here's a great little test to see if gossip would bother you...take the latest, greatest, juiciest news you've heard about someone and replace their name with yours...or your child's name...or your spouse's name...Tastes a bit different, doesn't it?
- STOP holding grudges. Let it go....
- STOP "vaguebooking" about people you don't like. Why in the world would you spend a single minute of your day ranting and raving about someone you don't like just to look big in front of your "closest" social media friends? Here's a suggestion...if someone has done something to you...CALL THEM...work it out face to face. Don't blast them on social media. If you don't have the guts to call them and work it out like an adult, don't be a coward and hide behind a vague post on social media.
- STOP thinking everyone in the world has to like you. Guess what? There are days I don't much like myself, so I'm sure there are some people who don't like me and it's okay.
- STOP thinking your job, your car, your house, and your life make you a better person. I've known people who didn't have much who had a lot more character than people who had it all. Don't belittle people or talk down to them. How you speak about others says a whole lot about you and people are watching....
- STOP thinking the world owes you. It owes us NOTHING. Nada. Zilch. So, you want to be the CEO of a company one day? Well, you are probably going to have to start at the bottom...you don't just get to jump to the front of the line.
- STOP wasting so much of your precious time with your head stuck in your phone! (MYSELF INCLUDED!) Every time you get on your phone...set a timer....look and see how many minutes or hours you spend on your phone doing absolutely nothing. No wonder we have teenagers and young adults who lack communication skills. It's hard to gain communication skills when there is nobody to communicate with because everyone has their face in their phones. Smart phones are making us a dumb society. If your phone gets more attention than your family...STOP!