Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I Am, I'm Not

   I'm a list maker. There's nothing quite like making a list of things to do and checking them all off the list when you are done!

   I currently have the following lists on sticky notes in my desk or in one of my journals at home: to-do list, bucket list, birthday list, grocery list,  plans for the future list and so on. I even have a few "pros" and "cons" lists on various topics stuffed in the pages of my journal.

   I read an article a month or so ago about how therapeutic it was to write a list of things you do well and a list of things you don't do so well. I was intrigued by the article and thought I would give it a try. Seems one side filled up much faster than the other, but I actually came away feeling more relaxed at a time I was pretty stressed. Crazy!

   Being the list happy person I am, here's my "I Am" and "I'm Not" list.

I Am
1. Passionate. Especially when it comes to sports...namely...Bobcat sports.
2. Thin-skinned at times. No matter how tough I act, things people say about me hurts.
3. A dreamer. There's so much I want to do and be before my time on earth is done.
4. A worrier. It does me no good and is a horrible waste of time.
5. Hopeful. The best is yet to come!
6. Conservative. I vote Republican, but won't shove my views down your throat. 
7. Dependable. If I say I'm going to do it, I'll do it. No matter what it takes, I'll get it done.


I Am Not
1. Perfect. Not. Even. Close. I make numerous mistakes every single day.
2. Fearful of the future. One person is in control. He's got this!
3. Afraid of failure. I've failed many times in life. You just have to keep on keeping on.
4. Good to myself. Working on it, but there are times I'm pretty mean to me.
5. Always a great wife, mom, daughter or friend. Sometimes I check out. Sometimes I just stink at being there when someone needs me.
6. A thrill seeker. In fact, I'm a chicken when it comes to doing anything daring.
7. Finished. I have a lot of room for improvement. I can be better and do better. One day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment