Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Tis the season for pumpkin

   It's no secret I am in love with the Fall season, so I wanted to share one of my favorite Fall recipes with my readers.
  I've had this recipe for quite a while. I don't recall who gave it to me or where it came from, but it is the best one I've ever tried! I made four loaves over the weekend....they make the perfect little gift for friends or neighbors!
  Enjoy

Perfect Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients

1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
3. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Happy Fall! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment